The Abatement Buyers Guide is an invaluable tool in understanding and helping our members to buy the right used abatement plant.
It explains the different types of technology, options that should be considered and the importance of running costs.
The Guide can be viewed on-line or downloaded as a pdf file for your convenience - it is available free of charge to members for their own use.
If the plant is not a good match to the process requirements, then the installation could have significant running costs for many years out-weighing any initial capital savings.
In addition to the purchase price, the following aspects should be carefully considered:-
- The abatement technology
- Range of process airflow loading against plant capacity
- Solvent type and maximum inlet concentration
- Permitted emission limit and oxidisation efficiency
- Energy efficiency of the plant
- VOC loading and emission limits to be achieved
- Stack height must satisfy D1 calculations for correct dispersion
- Age and condition of the plant
- Items included/excluded
- Condition including insulation, valves, fan, burner, etc.
- Refurbishment that may be necessary
- Experience of the Contractor used for installation and commissioning
- Location and ease of moving
- Space required, handing of connections, access, etc
- Weight and structural base requirement
- Availability of services (gas, power, etc)
- Plant availability against your programme needs
- Availability of information, eg manuals, back-up, spares, etc.
- Component Parts
- Comparison of Different Types
- Comparison of running cost
- 2-Tower RTO
- 3-Tower RTO
- 2-Tower with Buffer
- Single Bed RTO
- Rotary RTO
- RTO Options
- High Solvent By-pass
- Media Types
- Valve Types
- Gas Booster
- Exhaust Stack
- Compressed Air Receiver
- Duct Inlet Dampers
- Chart Recorder
- Network connection for remote monitoring
- Recuperative Thermal Oxidiser
- Catalytic Recuperative Thermal Oxidiser
- Solvent Recovery Plant
|Existing members can Login now.|
|Register now to enjoy the full benefits of the Abatement-Exchange.com system.|